Fish and chips is one of them, prepared the healthy way of course :-)
I always loved fish and chips but the one you get from the takeaways is so high in calories and fats and if you are trying to lose some weight and eat healthy it's just not worth it :-(
It doesn't take so long to make this healthy version and it can be prepared in the morning and stored in the fridge till you are ready to cook it. It's also virtually syn free if you use the wholemeal bread as your HEB.
There you go:
serves 4 - syn free if using wholemeal bread as HEB
- 4 cod fillets cut into strips
- 1 beaten egg
- 120 gr wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 oxo cube
- 1 tbsp dried garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Mix the breadcrumbs, oxo cube, garlic, parsley and paprika in a bowl.
- Dip the fish strip into the beaten egg and then straight into the dry mixture.
- Make sure the fish is all coated.
- Spray a pan with Frylight and fry the fish to brown the coating.
- Transfer into an ovenproof dish and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx 20 mins or till fully cooked.
- Serve with Slimming World chips and a side salad.
It was soooo yummy!
Let me know if you try it and send me some pics.
Have a great weekend everybody!