Whenever I feel like having something really tasty and don't have too much time to spend in the kitchen, the pizza topped chicken is one of my options.
I love the sweetness of the sauce, and what to say about the cheese: I adore cheese!
I usually use the low fat cheese and count it as my HEA so that the whole recipe is syn free.
This is how I make it:
INGREDIENTS: (syn free if using cheese as HEA)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- half a tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 and 1/2 tsp oregano
- 50 ml of stock
- 160 gr low fat cheese
- Spray a saucepan with frylight and sautee the pepper, onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, the tomato puree, oregano, stock and simmer for a few minutes.
- Spray a pan with Frylight, butterfly the chicken breast and fry till it gets a bit of colour on both sides.
- Place the chicken breast in an oven proof tray, top it with the sauce and put cheese on top.
- Cook in hot oven at 180 degrees for about 25 mins or till fully cooked and enjoy it with Slimming World chips and a side salad
Have you ever tried it?
Send me pics if you make it. I would love to hear if you enjoyed it xoxo